[netCDFJava #RIZ-451320]: why can't this be read as a grid

The problem is that the file has

    double lat(lat=94);
      :standard_name = "grid_latitude";
      :long_name = "Latitude";
      :units = "degrees_north";
      :axis = "Y";

    double lon(lon=192);
      :standard_name = "grid_longitude";
      :long_name = "Longitude";
      :units = "degrees_east";
      :axis = "X";

But standard_name "grid_latitude"; and "grid_longitude" is used for rotated lat
lon, see:

  http://cfconventions.org/standard-names-26.html

the CDM is interpreted this as "rotated lat lon" projection, but fails because
it needs a grid_mapping.

so

 1) is this latlon or rotated lat/lon".
 2) did original file have these standard_names or did CDO add them?

John