[netCDFJava #UYD-670064]: Read with range problem

Hi Fabien,

I apologize for not getting to your support ticket sooner.  Are you still
having trouble to accomplish what you want to do?  Looking at your example, I
think there is a better way.  We have a tutorial page that describes what you
are doing:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.3/netcdf-java/tutorial/NetcdfFile.html
 (if you are using version 4.3)
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/tutorial/NetcdfFile.html
 (if you are using version 4.5)

Scroll down to the section titled "Reading Data from a Variable", which I
believe describes what you want to do.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado

> Full Name: VALENTIN Fabien
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a .nc file and i want to split this file for a given time.
>

> I have a Var (time,lat,long)
>
> I am using read with Range to split my variable.
> For instance i need to keep only the last time.
>
> ranges.add(new Range(743,743));
> ranges.add(new Range(0,varShape[1]-1));
> ranges.add(new Range(0,varShape[2]-1));
>
> I write this data to a new file and i have a problem with the result my new
> file doesn't match the old at the same time and i don't know why .
>
> Thanks for your help.

Ticket ID: UYD-670064
Department: Support netCDF Java