Re: 19990402: netcdf perl basic question

John,

In the above message, you wrote:

>    I am a new user of the netcdf interface in perl. I was trying to use
> nc_put_vars_float to put a subset of an array into a file. I tried
> NetCDF::putvarsfloat, and various similar commands with no luck.

The NetCDFPerl extension module for perl uses the netCDF 2 interface
rather than the netCDF 3 interface.  So need to use the NetCDF::varput()
method instead of NetCDF::putvarsfloat (which doesn't exist).

This is documents in the NetCDFPerl README file, which is also available
at the following URL:

    <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/README>

See the "netCDF-2 vs. netCDF-3" section.

>    Is there any way to find a complete list of perl interface commands? I
> checked on the unidata web site and found the readme and man page, but it did
> not have the information I was looking for.

The netCDF 2 API can be found at the following URL

    <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?netcdf2+3>

--------