20020617: Installing NetCDFPerl: no permission

Jason,

>Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:05:46 -0700
>From: Jason Bell <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020611: Installing NetCDFPerl: no permission

> That was why I sent my help request. I don't have root permission
> and the root owner will not allow me to install in the perl install
> directory and he won't do it either. So what I'm asking is, is there
> a way to install this in a directory that I own without installing my
> own version of perl?

There should be a way to do this, but I'm afraid that I don't know
enough about the perl package to tell you how. I note, however, that the
"test" target in the makefile that perl creates (perl/Makefile) uses the
"-I" option of the perl utility to reference the directory that contains
the NetCDFPerl module. I suggest that you look at this target to see if
you can execute the command manually. This should tell you how you must
invoke the perl utility in order to obtain an uninstalled NetCDFPerl
module.

Regards,