20040514: netCDF Perl Interface - SUNOS air-sea 5.8 Generic_108528

Ileana,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "ileana blade" <address@hidden>
> Subject: netCDF Perl Interface - SUNOS air-sea 5.8 Generic_108528-16 sun4u
> sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 - problems building netcdfPerl

> Institution: University of Barcelona
> Package Version: netcdf-perl-1.2.3
> Operating System: SUNOS   air-sea 5.8 Generic_108528-16 sun4u sparc
> SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
> Hardware Information: SUN BL]ADE 100
> Inquiry: Everything seems fine until I run \"make test\" (log attached)
>
> I also include makefile.log
> ------------------------
> make perl/Makefile
> cd perl && /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL POLLUTE=1
> \'POLLUTE\' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
> Writing Makefile for NetCDF
> -------------------------

You have a very old version of the perl(1) utility.  I recommend that
you upgrade it before attempting to build the netCDF-Perl package.

Our version of the perl(1) utility is

    $ perl -v

    This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

    Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

    Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
    GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

    this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
    Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

> Thanks
>
> ileana

Regards,