Re: Additional cdf2 utilities

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Additional cdf2 utilities

Hi Suzanne,

> The Center for Clouds, Chemistry, and Climate uses netCDF data
> extensively.  We have developed several cdf2 utilities that are
> not in the DavePack directory that your users might find helpful.
> They are located at http://www-c4.ucsd.edu/~cids/software/visual.html.
                      http://www-c4.ucsd.edu/~cids/SOFTWARE/visual.html.
                                                   ^^^^^^^^
It turns out case makes a difference in URLs; the URL with lower-case
"software" doesn't seem to work.

> This site will be supported for several years to come, as it is
> the home of the C4 Integrated Data System.  I invite you to attach
> this site to your User -Contributes netCDF Software repository.

Thanks!

Also, on the above mentioned page, you have:

    <li> <a href="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/utilities.html";>
    Commercial </a> NetCDF tools and packages listed by Unidata.

but the referenced URL actually contains descriptions of both
freely-available and commercial or licensed packages that can use netCDF
data.

I've just added a description and link to your tools from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

under the freely-available list.  (The "user-contributed" section is
intended for software contributed by users who don't have another server
on which to make it available.)

Could you check the new entry and make sure it's OK?  In particular, is
it OK to call these "C4 tools" in this document, or should I call them
"CIDS tools" or use a different name for the package?

Thanks again for the software contributions and for using netCDF!

--Russ