Re: 980202: netcdf-3.3.1, IRIX 6.4 build problem

>>To: address@hidden
>>From: Phil Sackinger <address@hidden>
>>Subject: netcdf-3.3.1, IRIX 6.4 build problem

> cc test.c
> No such feature exists (-5,116)
>
>  The MIPSpro C Compiler
>  (license FEATURE string = cc)
>  requires a license password.
>
>  For license installation and trouble shooting
>  information visit the web page:

I *think* this means that you have a C++ license but no
C license. If this is the case you can probably configure and
build libsrc using the C++ compiler 'CC'.
setenv CC CC
However, it may just mean that you have installed the C compiler
and not configured licensed it properly.

> perhaps the conftest.c is exiting with abnormal status because of the
> half-licensed compiler. I've whined to our SGI sysadmin and he
> promises to look into fixing it real soon. As soon as he does, I'll
> try building netcdf-3.3.1 again.

This is almost assuredly the case.

Good luck.

-glenn