Re: 20000308: Problem with netCDF Fortran 90 Interface

>From: Martin Dix <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problem with netCDF Fortran 90 Interface

Hi Martin,

> I've found errors in compiling the netcdf f90 interface on a Cray. I
> get a series of errors
>
>      localMap   (:         ) = (/ 1, (product(localCount(:counter)), counter
> = 1, numDims - 1) /)
> cf90-7011 f90: ERROR NF90_PUT_VAR_1D_ONEBYTEINT, File = netcdf_expanded.f90,
> Line = 190
>   The array syntax statement is not conformable.
>
> and similarly for all the other put and get routines.
>
> The LHS of this has size nf90_max_var_dims ( = 100 ) while the RHS is
> size numDims. The compiler knows numDims from the declaration and so
> can determine that they're not comformable.
>
> All the localMap definitions should be localMap(:numDims).
>
> The SGI compiler doesn't get this at compile time, but does give a run
> time error if the -C flag is used (similarly for the NEC compiler).
>
> I've converted a few of my programs to use the new interface and am
> very impressed with it so far. The overloading gets rid of a lot of
> arguments and is a great simplification.

Thanks for reporting the problem and suggesting a fix.  I've forwarded
your note to Robert Pincus at SSEC, the developer of the Fortran 90
interface, for incorporation into the sources.  He may not have
access to a Cray for testing, so he may be contacting you to find out
details about the specific platform ...

--Russ