[netCDF #TOQ-874116]: Can NetCDF Work with HDF Within One Application

William,

As far as I know, HDF5 has no name conflicts with either netCDF-3 or HDF4.

The only name conflicts I know about are in the HDF4 mfhdf library, which
provides a netCDF-like interface over HDF4.  You should not need that if
you will be using netCDF-3.6.2.  You may find that the simplest way to
avoid conflicts is just to leave off the "-lmfhdf" linker flag when you
build your application, which should prevent the mhhdf library from being
searched.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TOQ-874116
Department: Support netCDF