[Support #ZCX-900406]: Re: Netcdf 3.6.2 compile problem by Intel

> Is the error for installing netcdf or WRF model code?
> wrfhelp
>
> On Nov 4, 2008, at 3:56 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to use Netcdf 3.6.2 version to build WRF model. Besides, both
> > must be
> > compiled by the same compiler.
> > I correctly installed zlib1.2.3 and HDF5 on my Fedora 9 Linux
> > machine. I use
> > Intel C++/Fortran compiler v.10.1.018.
> >
> > ./configure ok, but when I try to compile the follow error occour:
> >
> > compilation aborted for ncvalues.cpp
> >
> > I read forum and "tutorial" online but I cannot resolve the problem...
> > Where I wrong?
> >
> > Thank you very much for your support,
> >
> > Fabio G.

Fabio doesn't need HDF5 or zlib unless he wants to compile netCDF-4.0 with the
--enable-netcdf-4 option.

Also the problem he is having is with the C++ API, so if he is just interested
in WRF, he should build netCDF with --disable-cxx to turn off the C++ API.

Finally, he should upgrade for version 3.6.2 to version 4.0.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: ZCX-900406
Department: Support netCDF