[netCDF #YSI-369373]: Problems with 2D-Coords with netCDF4

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 04:00:55AM -0600, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> > I have fixed this problem in the netCDF code base. Get the latest netCDF
snapshot and give it a try:
> > ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz
> >
> > I will be adding more testing of this feature. Please take a look and see
if it behaves as you expect...

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: YSI-369373
> > Department: Support netCDF
>
> Hello Ed,
>

> sorry for the long delay, but today i'm tested the new snapshot of
> netCDF4. Unfortunately it fails again. :-(
>
> Additionally to this mail, i added a minimal example that shows the
> problem partly. If i just create a new 2D-dimension variable it
> doesn't work correctly (the first dimension appears also in the
> second dimension).
> More complicated examples shows a different error behavior - but
> perhaps it's a consequence of this error. I will try to find the
> problem in this kind of mininmal example if you release a news
> snapshot...
>

> Thanks a lot for all your help,
>
> Christian

Howdy again Christian!

OK, that bug was a lot more trouble than it looked like at first sight!

But I believe I have gotten it at last. If you could try the snapshot that will
be produced tonight, than you can see if it works for you. I am adding more
tests, but I already added the one you sent me, and it works now.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: YSI-369373
Department: Support netCDF