[netCDF #XNR-979092]: Problems building Netcdf 4.0 or 3.6.3 on 64-bit

> One more thing: I just found out that the "g++" I'm using is a 32-bit
> one, so I'll need to fix this. Will this affect the problems I'm
> having with the "fortran" part of the build? I'm trying to do
> a 64-bit build.
>
> --Mary

Howdy Mary!

I'll look at your other message in a second but here's a quick answer: using
--disable-cxx (or setting CXX to '' before running configure) will cause the
C++ API and all its tests to be skipped. You want to do this if you are
debugging a fortran problem, or it you don't care about C++.

The configure script will still try and learn about your C++ compiler. This is
a quirk of autoconf, which doesn't like me to make the checks for compilers
conditional on user choices. So (as the configure output says) the C++ compiler
will be checked, but not used if you use --disable-cxx (or set CXX to null -
the effects are the same).

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: XNR-979092