[netCDFJava #HMB-497600]: Reading NDFD Files

Hi Rob,

I just downloaded a few of the NDFD .bin files from the NDFD ftp site and it
looks like the .bin files are in GRIB format which the netCDF-Java library can
read. I'm wondering if it is failing to recognize them as GRIB files because of
the header information located before each GRIB record.

I'll pass this over to our GRIB person to look at in more detail.

Ethan

> I'm working on a Java application to read the NDFD .bin files.  I'm
> having trouble using the NetCDF Java library to read the files and am
> getting an exception stating "not a valid NetCDF file" on the .bin file
> from the NDFD site.  Do you have an example that shows opening and
> reading the data from an NDFD .bin file?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob Mayer

Ticket ID: HMB-497600
Department: Support netCDF Java