[netCDF #BHO-596671]: FAIL: tst_interops

> Hi,
> I can trigger the problem. I have a startup script which defines env
> variables, from here make check fails.
> If I run "make check" as a user after this it works fine.
> If I run "make check" as root again after the setup script it fails.
> As root when I set the following it fails up until the last make check
>
> 504  export  CXX=g++
> 505  export  CC=gcc
> 506  make check
> 507  cat test.bjm
> 508  export  FC=gfortran
> 509  export  F77=gfortran
> 510  make check
> 511  cat test.bjm
> 512  export  PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
> 513  make check
> 514  cat test.bjm
> 515  export  CPPFLAGS=" -O -fPIC -I/usr/local/include "
> 516  make check
>
> If you do the reverse sequence, it fails until the last make check
> 502  export  PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
> 503  make check
> 504  cat test.bjm
> 505  export  CPPFLAGS=" -O -fPIC -I/usr/local/include "
> 506  make check
> 507  cat test.bjm
> 508  export  FC=gfortran
> 509  export  F77=gfortran
> 510  export  CXX=g++
> 511  export  CC=gcc
> 512  make check
>
> Not sure why as root, you need to set these as they already should be
> setup after the initial configure ?

Can you try without setting -fPIC?

Setting -fPIC implies that you are trying to build shared libraries. If that is
what you are trying to do, then please rerun configure with --enable-shared and
try again. There is usually a little more to building shared libraries than
just setting -fPIC, so something might be going wrong because of that.

I also suggest that you try with the latest snapshot release. It's possible
that your root login has stricter settings for what will be tolerated from
memory calls. We had some malloc(0) calls that have recently been removed, and
one of those could be causing your problem:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-daily.tar.gz

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BHO-596671