[netCDF #XPY-283671]: Build documentation outdated

Hi Nicolai,

> under
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Platform-Notes.html
> Section "3.9.5 Linux",
> it is stated that
>
> > The f2cFortran flag is required with GNU fortran:
> > CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
>
> This seems to be wrong, we had to use '-DpgiFortran' to make netcdf (4.1.1)
> work together with gfortran.

Thanks for pointing out the need for an update.  Our current advice for
GNU compilers is to either not set CPPFLAGS so that configure will figure
it out, or to use -DgFortran.  We've updated the document in the snapshot
and will also update what's on the web son.

--Russ

Ticket ID: XPY-283671
Department: Support netCDF