[netCDF #QAA-118175]: Netcdf 4.0.1 on Centos 5.1 x64 fails some tests

Hi Rodrigo,

> Thanks for the reply.  I did attach the full output of configure and make
> check in my original email.  I have attached these again.
>
> The output of ./configure is in netcdf-config.txt, the output of make is in
> netcdf-make-stdout.txt (for standard output) and netcdf-make-stderr.txt (for
> errors), and the output of make check is in netcdf-check-stdout.txt (for
> standard output) and netcdf-check-stderr.txt (for errors).  These are
> attached as a zip file (netcdf-build.zip.txt – I had to change the extension
> to .txt to allow it to go through our spam filter).
>
> I am using gcc 4.1.2 (standard Centos 5 packages) on x64 AMD platform - could
> this be the problem?

No, the problem is that you used --enable-cxx-4 as a configure option, which
specified
building and testing the experimental C++ API for netCDF-4.  That API still has
some problems
in the 4.0.1 release.  It works better in the current 4.1.1 release, but is
still relatively
untested.  It will continue to mature over the next few months, but unless you
need it or
want to help with testing and debugging it, I recommend configuring without the
optional
--enable-netcdf-4 option.  We are working with an external developer (Lynton
Appel, CCFE)
who contributed the cxx-4 API sources, and will announce to the netcdfgroup
mailing list
when that API is ready for general use.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QAA-118175