[netCDF #REX-918831]: error code

Hi Kevin,

> In IDL I am getting a (NC_ERROR=-31) error code, that code is not
> listed in the list of error codes.
>
> Any suggestions?

That indicates a system error (netcdf.h has "#define    NC_SYSERR
(-31)"),
so it is not a netCDF error.  Typically when a program gets that error code
returned from a netCDF function call, it should print the corresponding system
error message for the system error code in the global "errno" variable, such as
"No such file or directory", "I/O error", "Permission denied", "File too large",
"No space left on device", or something similar.

If you call the nc_strerror with the error code, it will return the appropriate
error message, even if it's a system error.

--Russ

Ticket ID: REX-918831
Department: Support netCDF