[netCDF #WAX-107872]: netcdf: Bluegene

Hi Siva Prasad,

> I was trying to compile netcdf-4.0.1 version on* IBM
> bluegene* and I was getting error while running the configuration script.
> The procedure that I have followed is as follows
>
> [bglfen01] netcdf-4.0.1 > export F77=blrts_xlf
> [bglfen01] netcdf-4.0.1 > export FC=blrts_xlf90
> [bglfen01] netcdf-4.0.1 > export CC=blrts_xlc
> [bglfen01] netcdf-4.0.1 > export CXX=blrts_xlC
>
> [bglfen01] netcdf-4.0.1 > ./configure
> --prefix=/home/staff/cas/caspnv/bgl_pkgs/netcdf-4.0.1/exec
>
> and am getting the following error
>
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Could you please  let me know how to overcome this.

The real reason for the problem is probably in the associated message
in the config.log file.  Could you send us the config.log you get when
this error is encountered?

It may be a problem with library paths, in which the configure script looks
in the wrong place for the run time libraries associated with the blrts_xlc
compiler you have specified.  It may require setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable to make sure the right libraries are located.

Thanks.

--Russ

Ticket ID: WAX-107872
Department: Support netCDF