[Support #KXN-708789]: How to intall and compile program with netcdf

Hi,

> Thanks for the reply. This is good idea to compile the netcdf using
> the new version of gfortran compiler. Can you please give me some
> guide line that I can follow in order to build netcdf from its
> source code. And from where I can download the full set of source
> files (fortran files) for compilation.

The netCDF Fortran interfaces are just thin layers on top of the C
code, and all the necessary source code is included for the C as well
as Fortran interfaces in the single netCDF source code package.  So

1.  Get the netCDF source code, the latest release version is 4.1.1
    from

       ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

    or

       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netcdf-4.1.1.tar.gz

2.  With cygwin and gfortran installed, building from source should be
    the same as building on Linux.

      - Set the CPPFLAGS environment variable to "-DgFortran"
      - Run the "configure" script in the top-level netCDF source
        directory
      - If that succeeds, run "make all" to build all the software.
      - If that succeeds, run "make check" to test all the software.
      - If that succeeds, run "make install" to install the software.

The full installation guide, with more details on troubleshooting and
how to report problems, is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html

Good luck!

--Russ