[netCDF #KBW-739228]: Windows 64-bit

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question.
> I was wondering if netCDF (either v4 or v4.1) for 64-bit Windows is
> available.  I can't seem to find one on the unidata website and looking
> at the threads, it appears that the answer is "no." But it doesn't hurt
> to ask.
>
> Anyway, is a netCDF (either v4 or v4.1) for 64-bit Windows is available?

No, not that we're aware of.

> If so, where can I download it?
>
> If not, are there any plans to provide a 64-bit version?

We have plans to port to Windows in 2010, but it may have to wait for the 4.2
release, due to a shortage of development resources.

Another user has worked on this and contributed a partial solution that we will
be trying to use to include this into a future release:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg09264.html
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg09274.html
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg09288.html

If it would be of any help to you, we could make available this partial
solution ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: KBW-739228
Department: Support netCDF