[netCDF #ULX-295967]: netcdf 4.1 with intel

Hi Vanesa,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your question ...
> Hello: I'm trying to install netcdf 4.1.1 with intel compilers.
> I'm using a debian on a vmware machine.
> I install the compilers on /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/072/bin where I have
> iccvars.sh and ifortvars.sh.
>
> To install netcdf I follow these steps:
>
> 1) source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/072/bin/iccvars.sh ia32
> source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/072/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32

After this step, what is the result when you run
  $ whence icc icpc ifort
(if you're using ksh shell) or
  $ type icc icpc ifort
(if you're using bash, csh, or tcsh shells)
If your PATH is set correctly by the source commands, the Intel
compilers should be found and their absolute paths printed.

> 2)in /home/cbarca/netcdf-4.1.1/ extract the NetCDF source code
>
> 3) I set the environment variables
>
> $ export CC=icc
> $ export CXX=icpc
> $ export CFLAGS='-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static'
> $ export CXXFLAGS='-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static'
>
> $ export F77=ifort
> $ export FC=ifort
> $ export F90=ifort
> $ export FFLAGS='-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static'
>
> $ export CPP='icc -E'
> $ export CXXCPP='icpc -E'
>
> 4) I run configuration utility
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netcdf --disable-netcdf-4
> And I get config.log and config.status (I attach those filles)

The config.log givens no indication that it found the environment
variables CC, CXX, CFLAGS, FFLAGS, ...  In fact, it shows that all
these were set to the default values, as if they had not been set:

  configure:22739: checking CC CFLAGS
  configure:22741: result: cc -g -O2
  configure:22744: checking type cc
  configure:22746: result: cc is /usr/bin/cc
  configure:22749: checking CXX
  configure:22752: result: c++
  configure:22754: checking CXXFLAGS
  configure:22756: result: -g -O2
  configure:22759: checking type c++
  configure:22761: result: c++ is /usr/bin/c++
  configure:22768: checking FC
  configure:22771: result: gfortran
  configure:22773: checking FFLAGS
  configure:22775: result: -g -O2
  configure:22778: checking type gfortran
  configure:22780: result: gfortran is /usr/bin/gfortran
  configure:22787: checking F90
  configure:22790: result: gfortran
  configure:22792: checking FCFLAGS
  configure:22794: result: -g -O2

Is it possible you have another command named "export" in
your PATH, or you are using a shell such as csh or sh that
doesn't understand the "export VAR=value" syntax?  Another
possibility is that you ran the configure script from a
different instance of the shell in which you had set the
environment variables, such as if you logged out and then
logged in again before running configure.

> The instalation was succesfull but I think that not using Intel compilers.

Yes, you're right, the compilers used were cc, gfortran, and c++.

> 5) I attache make check log (chk.log) and make install log (inst.log).

Thanks, but from these all I can determine is that the configure script
paid no attention to you environment variable settings.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ULX-295967
Department: Support netCDF