[netCDF #ESV-218399]: problems linking fortran with netcdf.inc

Kris,

> I did not compile netcdf initially, so I do not really know what
> options were used.  When I do this, I get the error:
>
> /usr/local/netcdf/lib/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to
> `_gfortran_os_error'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I do not seem to have any older libraries lying around.  Have you ever
> seen the above error?

No, sorry, I haven't seen that.  It's not clear from the above what
"When I do this" refers to.  Were you trying to build netCDF from the
currently released version 4.1.1 sources, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

?  If so and the attempt to build and install from sources failed, please
send us the information requested here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

so we can try to diagnose the problem.  Thanks.

If instead "When I do this" referred to trying

  gfortran -o ncread_test ncread_test.o -L/usr/local/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf
-lnetcdff

then the error message could be an indication that you are using a older
version of gfortran than the netCDF Fortran library was built with.  In
this case, the solution would be to find out what version of gfortran
was used to build the netCDF library and use that version or later.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ESV-218399
Department: Support netCDF