[netCDF #SFJ-416763]: ncdump for variable in a

Hi Thomas,

> I am working with a .nc file that is in the Hierarchical Data Format
> (version 5) format using version netcdf-4.0.1. The ncdump utility works
> fine on this file. I can also use -v for the most upper level variables.
> The -v does not recognize variables that are in groups. Is there a
> syntax that allows for dumping out variables that are in groups? I have
> pasted the results from a ncdump -h below. I would like to extract
> variables like wind_speed variable from the group: Anemometer_1. I hope
> I have provided enough information.

Yes, ncdump is supposed to be able to handle variables in groups.  As specified
by the man page for ncdump.  Check the man page for ncdump, where the syntax
for the "-v" option is described:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/ncdump-man-1.html

I just checked 4.0.1, and it looks like that feature had a bug in ncdump built
from
that version, but it seems to work fine in the 4.1.1 ncdump.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SFJ-416763
Department: Support netCDF