[netCDF #FSI-652508]: netcdf-4 with hdf5 and zlib not compiling

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your question.
> So I am attempting to compile netcdf-4.1.1 with hdf5-1.8.5 and zlib 1.2.3.
> For the hdf5 library I was originally using version 1.8.2 but I updated as
> you suggested in the previous e-mail.
>
> I get the following error when trying to compile:  config.status: error:
> cannot find input file: 'netcdf.pc.in'

If you are using netCDF-4.1.1, the file netcdf.pc.in is in the top-level
directory after you unpack the distribution from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

I've just checked by downloading and unpacking that distribution:

  /tmp$ ls -l netcdf-4.1.1/netcdf.pc.in
  -rw-r--r--   1 russ     ustaff       311 Nov 11  2009
netcdf-4.1.1/netcdf.pc.in

I don't know why the file is missing, but perhaps you could try downloading
again
and starting with a clean tarball.  If you still have problems, please send us
the information requested here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

and we'll try to diagnose the problem further.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FSI-652508
Department: Support netCDF