[netCDF #RUO-406622]: COARDS IDL

Hi Rob,

> I'm enjoying the sample programs listed here:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/
>
> Do you have a few samples that are written in IDL and produce COARDS
> compliant netCDF files?

No sorry, the only IDL examples we have are the ones referenced on that
web page: simple_xy_wr.pro, simple_xy_rd.pro, sfc_pres_temp_wr.pro,
sfc_pres_temp_rd.pro, pres_temp_4D_wr.pro, and pres_temp_4D_rd.pro.

If you have or develop any better IDL examples, we would be happy to
include them.  I may eventually add another category of miscellaneous
example programs in various languages that demonstrate best practices
or full compliance with published conventions, because we get a fair
number of requests for such examples.  It's on our long-term TODO list.

--Russ

Ticket ID: RUO-406622
Department: Support netCDF