[netCDF #BRM-630778]: Problem in netcdf installation

Hi Raju,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question ...
> I am using Ubuntu-10.04 version with g95 compiler.
>
> When i am doing make check ,it is showing that there is recursive error.
> i am here attaching configure ang make check files.  please find
> the solution for error.

The configure worked fine, except that it apparently used
"/usr/bin/cl", a Common Lisp compiler for the C++ compiler:

> configure:6827: finding C++ compiler (will not be used if C++ API is not
> desired)
> configure:6895: checking for cl
> configure:6911: found /usr/bin/cl
> configure:6922: result: cl
> configure:6949: checking for C++ compiler version
> configure:6958: cl --version >&5
> cl-launch 2.32
>
> Supported implementations:
>     sbcl, cmucl (lisp), clisp, ecl, gcl (gclcvs), ccl (openmcl),
>     allegro, lispworks

This may be because you have defined CXX=cl in your environment.  If
you really need the netCDF C++ interface, you should define CXX to
point to a working C++ compiler.  However the C++ API is not used by
any of the other netCDF utilities, so you could also specify CXX='' or
configure with --disable-cxx to indicate no C++ API is desired.

Otherwise, the output of make looks fine.

--Russ

Ticket ID: BRM-630778
Department: Support netCDF