[netCDF #JKR-322749]: Question: How Do I Convert Excel Spreadheet Data to netCDF?

Hi Brand,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question ...
> How Do I Convert Excel Spreadheet Data to netCDF?
> P.S. I am hoping to do this without downloading a compressed tar file or
> a gzipped file if possible.

I don't know of a program that will do what you want directly.

There is a package for converting netCDF data to Excel and
manipulating it in Excel before writing it out again as netCDF:

  http://netcdf4excel.free.fr/vba.html

Another approach would be to write the data out as comma-separated
values to a text file, edit the text file to turn it into "CDL" (a
text form of netCDF data described in the netCDF documentation) and
then use the ncgen utility that comes with the netCDF software to
convert the CDL to a binary netCDF file.  For more information on
ncgen, see the ncgen documentation:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/ncgen-man-1.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: JKR-322749