[netCDF #CWA-470459]: Merging pressure levels netCDF

Hi Christian,

> I have netCDF files (.nc) with atmospheric data. Each file has the same
> variable and time slot but a different atmospheric pressure level. I wish
> to merge these files to a single file. Using the Climate Data Operator
> (cdo) I try "cdo merge ifile01.nc ifile02.nc ofile.nc". Unfortunately
> this does notwork. Do you know how I can merge .nc-files of different
> pressure levels?  Thank you very much in advance.

I'm not sure why CDO doesn't work for this, but another possibility is
to try NCO, specifically the ncecat program.  Documentation is here:

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#Concatenation

and more information about NCO is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#NCO

Another software package that might do what you want is NCL:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#NCL

though you might have to ask how to do it on the address@hidden
mailing list.

--Russ