[netCDF #OEO-931771]: Support needed on NETCDF compilation

> hi,
>
> i have set the environment variables as below,
>
> export CC=pgcc
> export CFLAGS=-02-V
> export FC=pgfortran
> export F90=pgfortran
> export FFLAGS=-02-w-V
> export CXX=pgCC
> export CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG-DpgiFortran
>
> Then i configured netcdf4 and everything went well found all the
> executables( ncdump.exe, ncgen.exe, etc), but i would like to know that by
> setting these environmental variables is the PGI fortran compiler set as
> default compiler?.if not, how could i do it?

No, the above settings applied for netCDF only. You must set your fortran
compiler on a case by case basis.

You could try setting the FC variable in your environment. Most configure
scripts respect that.

> i have also attached the environment variable file named
> "environment".Kindly have a look into it and suggest the changes required
> to make the PGI fortran compiler as a default compiler.

> Then i started with WRF, at the configure step,i choose,
> Linux i486 i586 i686, PGI compiler with gcc (serial) with basic nesting.
> i also edited my configure.wrf file...in which i changed the SFC and the
> SCC variables. (configure.wrf is attached)
>
> after that i am not getting the executables when i compile the WRF program
> (Compile5.log file is attached)
>
> Kindly help me out with query as soon as possible,

I think you will have to contact the wrf team with these questions.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OEO-931771
Department: Support netCDF