[netCDF #ZRE-532176]: NetCDF definitions break compilation in MPI environment

> I found this in my netcdf.h from my install of NetCDF-4.1.1:
>
> /* These defs added by netCDF configure because parallel HDF5 is not present.
> */
> #ifndef MPI_INCLUDED
> #define MPI_Comm int
> #define MPI_Info int
> #define MPI_COMM_WORLD 0
> #define MPI_INFO_NULL 0
> #endif
>
> This of course breaks compilation in any program that includes mpi.h.
> Not all (parallel) programs that must read NetCDF files use the HDF5
> backend.
>
> These should not be publicly visible definitions.  Please remove them
> from header files that user programs are supposed to utilize for the
> next release.
>
> -tom

Howdy Tom!

Yes, I have done as you suggested. Perhaps you could check the daily snapshot
to see if it works for you:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Thanks,
Ed

Ticket ID: ZRE-532176
Department: Support netCDF