[netCDF #EEZ-626081]: HDF5 openDAP release/test suites

Hi Jordan,

> I'm working on a government project (GOES-R) and considering the use of
> OpenDap for one of our internal ground system applications. We would
> need to use HDF5 as well as NetCDF but I understand that the test suites
> for the HDF5 portion are not complete. This is only preliminary research
> at this point but if you could give me an estimate of when these are
> expected to be complete as well as an estimate of the scope of the
> remaining work (a SLOC count would be preferred if possible, but I'll
> take any available data) for the remaining work I would appreciate it.
>
> I don't have any authority to actually donate project time to help with
> the HDF5 test cases so I don't want to get your hopes up, but if OpenDap
> looks like the right solution I can *try* to pass it up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "test suites for the HDF5 portion".  If
you're referring to OPeNDAP test suites for HDF5, you'll have to ask
opendap.org or the help desk at hdfgroup.org.

You might be referring to accessing HDF5 data using Unidata's netCDF-Java
library, which provides remote access using the OPeNDAP protocol.  In
case that's what you're asking about, I'll forward this to the
support-netcdf-java address.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EEZ-626081
Department: Support netCDF