[netCDF #KGO-576662]: problem with netCDF

Hi Zhang,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question ...
> I got a problem when I compiled an high resolution atmospheric general
> circulation model (IAP AGCM4.0) with linking netCDF library (see
> attachment 'make_model_output.txt' for more information). The maximum
> dimensions of the array in the model is (720,361,26,3). I think the
> error may be caused by these large arrays, because when I run the lower
> resolution version ( the largest array is (360,181,26,3)), everything
> went well. The version of the netCDF I used is 4.0, and the complete
> output of ./configure, make, and make check" are attached.

I think this is not a netCDF problem, but instead a problem with
linking your program when you have more than 2GB of statically
allocated data.

Have you tried compiling/linking with

  -mcmodel medium -shared-intel

and not using "-fpic" ?

See this forum posting on use of intel compilers for large static
data:

  http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=43717

--Russ

Ticket ID: KGO-576662