[netCDF #DBY-733925]: netCDF

Dave,

> That was just the information I was looking for.
>
> One related question is do we need to also build a netCDF library for our
> Intel fortran codes? Or will either a gnu or PGI build netCDF library work
> with the Intel fortran codes?

There are 3 common sets of conventions for calling C functions from Fortran
code, but lots of minor variations, supported by the fortran/cfortran.h
system until we get the Fortran API refactored to use f-2003's standardization
of such conventions.  In the meantime, I think a library built for PGI works
the same as for Intel's ifort, but that GNU gfortran uses different
conventions, as in this previous support response:

  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.netcdf/1612

  You need to specify the fortran compiler you are using by setting
  CPPFLAGS and rerunning netCDF configure. Set -DgFortran if you are using
  gfortran, -DpgiFortran for PGI or Intel fortran, and -Df2cFortran for
  everything else.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DBY-733925
Department: Support netCDF