[netCDF #QXJ-370180]: Compiling netcdf on CentOS 5.4 with gfortran44

Hi Phil,

> I am trying to compile netcdf for WRF modelling on centOS 5.4.
> WRF has issues compiling with the gfortran 4.2.1 libraries available on
> centOS, so I am trying to compile with gfortran44.
>
> I can't work out what flags I should set to make it compile, correctly.
> I have attached the config.log generated after running "configure" with
> CC=gcc44, FC=gfortran44 and CXX=g++44.

The config.log you attached looks fine, and shows that the configure
command ran to completion, with no unexpected errors, creating all the
Makefiles that are required.  Was there a symptom from running "make check"
or "make install" subsequently that indicated a problem?

If so, please provide the information requested here and we'll try to
diagnose or reproduce the problem:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

We don't have access to CentOS platforms for testing, so I hope the problem
is not platform-specific.

Thanks.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QXJ-370180