[netCDF #TFP-164053]: information about program execution

> Hi,
>
> I am the user of netcdf files. I want to create one netcdf file using
> java.  But the packages required for java are not available so i use C
> program to create netcdf file but i dont know how to run this c program.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.10 so what are the commands to run c program that
> will create netcdf file C program running is the basic problem

Howdy Amol!

Once you have netCDF installed (yum install netcdf) you can use the ncgen
command to create a netCDF file from a CDL text file. This can be done without
any programming on your part. For more info, see the tutorial:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-tutorial.html

If you are one of those (like me) who wants to start with an example, there is
a CDL example here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-tutorial.html#simple_005fxy

Good luck!

Ed