[netCDF #BKL-976066]: NETCDF

> Hi Ed,
> thanks for the reply. I am still sitting with the problem. Unfortunately
> the machine is not
> used like a PC but part of the frontend of a supercomputer. I have to
> compile there, because SLES
> differs very much between the versions, especially with the libs used
> for netcdf. For exaple libcurl.
>
> So the sysadmins will not update the system-wide zlib. I played around
> with the linker options.
> rpath seems to be a solution.

Howdy Martin!

Sorry to hear about your various sysadmin rules, but have you considered
building static libraries? That eliminates the problem. Rerun configure with
--disable-shared.

Another workaround would be to build HDF5 with the zlib 1.2.3 that you have and
see if this causes any HDF5 or netCDF-4 test to fail. I doubt that my code will
know the difference between 1.2.3 and 1.2.5. You must check the zlib site to
see if the differences between these two versions are in some way important for
you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BKL-976066