[netCDF #GWH-449344]: possible netcdf error when running Noah LSM

> Dear Unidata support,
>
> I have successfully compiled the Noah LSM using Mac OS X 10.6.5, but receive
> an error message related to, I think, the netCDF libraries.
>
> I previously installed netcdf-gfortran via Fink.  Below is the error message
> I get when trying to run the executable file:
>
> >> driver.exe forcing_file.dat
> dyld: Symbol not found: _ncerr
> Referenced from: /sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/lib/libnetcdff.4.dylib
> Expected in: flat namespace
> in /sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/lib/libnetcdff.4.dylib
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Is this error message indeed related to the netCDF libraries?  If so, is
> there a solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Neil Berg

Howdy Neil,

What version of netCDF are you using? Did you install it, or did someone else?

If it is not version 4.1.2, then the first thing I'm going to ask is that you
upgrade to that version, which can be found here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GWH-449344
Department: Support netCDF