[netCDF #SVC-194320]: ifort link issue

> Hello Ed,
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Adding netcdf lib path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked.
>
> But I'm reporting a potential bug that another build
> ./configure --prefix=/home/me/mynetcdf --disable-shared
> make check install
> leads to something strange: for netcdf-4.1.2, runtime errors like
> test.f90:(.text+0x9d): undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_open_'
> while for 4.1.1 it didn't produce libnetcdff.a at all.
>
> But at least the first way is working.
> Mike

Howdy Mike!

This is a consequence of shared libraries also. ;-)

NetCDF used to build the fortran library into the C library. This worked fine,
but with shared libraries you get the loader asking for the location of the F90
shared libraries, even for a C program. So we have split the fortran library
into libnetcdff.a.

Glad to hear it is all working for you now.

Good luck,

Ed

Ticket ID: SVC-194320
Department: Support netCDF