[netCDF #NBR-155156]: Installation of parallel HDF5

> Hello Ed,
>
> Thank you for your swift reply.
> It seems that I have attached the wrong files in my last email.
> Here are the configure and make files from my last attempt to install
> parallel HDF5 and parallel-netCDF.
>

> Kind regards,
> David

Howdy David!

Firstly, are you sure that you need to do parallel I/O? You don't need it to
read netCDF data files, you only need it if you want to read them in parallel
on a high performance computing system. If you just want to analyze or
visualize existing netCDF data, you can do that in sequential (i.e.
non-parallel) mode.

If you still want parallel, your build did turn on parallel I/O with the HDF5
library. You can now do parallel I/O to netCDF-4/HDF5 files.

If you want to do parallel I/O to classic or 64-bit offset netCDF files, then
you need to install the parallel-netcdf library from Argonne/Northwestern
University, and include it's path in your CPPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

In addition, it's not necessary to use the --enable-parallel-netcdf
--enable-fortran or --with-zlib options to configure. If you wish to test
parallel I/O, you should rerun configure with the --enable-parallel-tests. Note
that these tests attempt to launch parallel jobs with mpiexec. Your platform
must support it for the tests to run.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: NBR-155156