[netCDF #QEL-795104]: NetCDF 4.1.2-beta2 ncgen breaks Perl METAR decoders

> Dennis,
>
> I'm attaching a simple script that runs the Unidata METAR decoder with test
> data. Instructions for downloading and installing are included in the script.
> The test is run with both the beta3 and 4.1.1 versions of ncgen, so you can
> see the difference. I figure that since it fails out of the box with a piece
> of Unidata software, that would be a good place to start!
>
> The decoder (with -h option) writes a new netCDF file each hour. Whenever a
> observation for a new hour is encountered, it calls ncgen to create a new
> netCDF file based on a template CDL file.
>
> Let me know if you have any further questions.
>
> Richard Carpenter

Howdy Richard!

Dennis was not able to reproduce your specific problem, but has made many
bugfixes and improvements in the last few months to the remote access client. I
wonder if you could try our latest snapshot release to see if your problem has
been fixed:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Please let us know the results.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: QEL-795104