[netCDF #IPF-540532]: undefined symbol: __netcdf_MOD_nf90_open

Hi Ahmed,

> I am using netcdf 4.1.2 and i have compiled it with gfortran and i
> am trying to compile program which is using netcdf libraries
>
> gfortran read_smart.f90 -L /usr/local/netcdf_412_gfortran/lib/ -lnetcdff
> -lnetcdf -I /usr/local/netcdf_412_gfortran/include/
>
> but when i type a.out , i get the following error
>
> a.out: symbol lookup error: a.out: undefined symbol: __netcdf_MOD_nf90_open
>
> i have compile netcdf with the following option
> ./configure FC=gfortran CC=gcc  --prefix=/usr/local/netcdf_412_gfortran/
> --enable-shared ;
> and i do make check and all test is passed ok and i have attached it in the
> mail
> for me i don't what where is the error.

Move the gfortran include option to before the f90 file name, as in:

  gfortran -I /usr/local/netcdf_412_gfortran/include read_smart.f90 -L
/usr/local/netcdf_412_gfortran/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf

so the compiler knows where to look for the netcdf.mod file referenced
in the f90 "use netcdf" statement in your read_smart.f90 program.

You can also use the "nc-config" command to see what Fortran flags are needed
on your systems, as in

  nc-config --fflags

and

  nc-config --flibs

where nc-config is a command installed in the netcdf bin/ directory, along with
ncdump, ncgen, and nccopy
utilities.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IPF-540532