[netCDF #CGL-973049]: error

Hi Maria,

So the problem is that Fink pulled in libnetcdf.3.dylib, and you need
libnetcdf.4.dylib - I am not sure how to get fink to pull in the version you
need (you may want to query that on the fink users list).

Did you download grace from their website, and if so did you use a binary? If
that is the case, you can try to compile it yourself which should use the
libnetcdf.3.dylib that is on your machine. If you installed it through Fink,
you will need to contact the maintainers to let them know that there is an
incompatibility between the Fink version of grace and the Fink version of
netCDf. Hopefully this will get you on the right path.

Cheers!

Sean

> Thank you very much. Here is some information:
>
> 1.) the library
> does /sw/lib/libnetcdf.4.dylib does not exist. Here is what I get when I
> do ls /sw/lib/libnet*.dylib
>
> /sw/lib/libnetcdf.3.dylib
> /sw/lib/libnetpbm.10.26.dylib
> /sw/lib/libnetcdf_c++.3.dylib
> /sw/lib/libnetpbm.10.dylib
>
> 2.) The full error message (after runing
> xmgrace) is:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libnetcdf.4.dylib
>
> Referenced from: /sw/bin/xmgrace
> Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>

> I really hope this gives you some clue.
>
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:12:24
> -0600, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>
> > Greetings Maria!
> >
> > It looks
> like xmgrace is having issues loading the netCDf dylib (shared object
> for Mac OSX). It's hard to recommend where to go from here without more
> information, so let's see what we can do to get started.
> >
> > 1) Does
> /sw/lib/libnetcdf.4.dylib exist? If so, see 2); if not, let's start from
> there (please send the full output of the failure [everything that
> following executing `xmgrace`]).
> >
> > 2) Is /sw/lib in your library
> path? At the command line, execute the command `env` - is the variable
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set? If not, try setting it using:
> >
> > export
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib
> >
> > [if you are using the bash shell - for
> csh, use setenv in plave of export. If you are not sure which shell you
> are using, look for SHELL in the output from `env`].
> >
> > Execute env
> again to make sure DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is being properly set.
> >
> > Once
> this variable is set, try to run `xmgrace` again to see if it works. If
> it doesn't please send the full output that follows.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >

> Sean Arms
> >
> >> Dear developpers, I am using your package through fink
> (for Mac OSX). It is needed for a graphic program called xmgrace.
> Nevertheless, when I try to run ir, I keep on getting the message: dyld:
> Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libnetcdf.4.dylib I would appreciate any
> help. Thank you, maria ruiz
> >
> > Ticket Details
> >
> Ticket ID: CGL-973049
> > Department: Support netCDF