[netCDF #JND-142022]: thanks

Greetings!

> hello,
> i want to install the netcdf to a linux operating system, and have already
> installed the zlib and hdf. But when i install the netcdf and make check, it
> has two errors as follows:
> *** Test: varm on
> URL:http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/testdods/coads_climatology.nc
> error: NetCDF: I/O failure at test_varm3.c:91
> FAIL: test_varm3
> Error: NetCDF: I/O failure
> FAIL: test_vara
> 2 of 5 tests failed
> Please report address@hidden
> make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/netcdf-4.1.2/ncdap_test'
> make[2]: *** [check-am] error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/netcdf-4.1.2/ncdap_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-recursive] error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/netcdf-4.1.2/ncdap_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] error 1

The error you are getting seems to be associated with the DAP capabilities of
the netCDF library, but we really need more information as to your build
environment to figure out what exactly the issue is. Would you kindly send the
following information:

1) the command you used to execute the `configure` script
2) the full output from`configure` command you ran in 1)
3) the full output from `make` command
4) the full output from `make check`command

> i cannot find the software.
> [root@localhost ~]# which netcdf
> /usr/bin/which: no netcdf in
> (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin)

The `which` command is searching your $PATH to see if something called netcdf
lives there, but it can't find it because you haven't installed it yet. You've
built it (or parts of it), and you've tested it in your build directory
(/home/netcdf-4.1.2/), but you haven't put it in a place where you system can
'see' it yet (which is good, given that some tests area failing).

Cheers!

Sean Arms

> i will be very glad if you can help.
> thank you!