[netCDF #LMK-959462]: Data base cdf

Hi Mauro,

> My current investigation includes the past distribution of some small south
> american carnivores, so I'm trying to use the PMIP2 database.
>
> Such files are in netcdf format. Is there any way to convert such files
> to shapes (.shp), or grids (.grd or .ascii) to be able of using them in
> other softwares, such as MaxEnt?

I don't know of any existing software that does the conversions you're asking
about.

However, if you're using shapefiles, you may also be using ESRI GIS software,
such
as ArcInfo.  If so, ESRI software knows how to read netCDF files that are
compliant
with the CF metadata conventions, so that might help.

Otherwise, there is some information about converting netCDF data to ASCII in
the FAQ:

  "How do I convert netCDF data to ASCII or text?"

which is available here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/#netcdf_faq

--Russ

Ticket ID: LMK-959462