[netCDF #XLX-177770]: Future support for unstructured grids in NetCDF ...

Hi Evan,

> We are currently investigating the need for storing our global model
> data (based on an "unstructured" icosahedral grid) into NetCDF.
>
> Do you know of any current or future efforts for supporting
> unstructured grids in NetCDF?

Yes, there's some discussion of such efforts in this document, under
the heading "Support for Unstructured Grids":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/survey-2010.html

The links there will point you to the UGRID project and the EXODUS II
software, both of which use netCDF to represent unstructured grids.

I hope that's what you were looking for ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: XLX-177770
Department: Support netCDF