[netCDF #AUL-395202]: NetCDF binaries?

Hi Rob,

> Thanks, Sean -- I found the tarball you pointed me to.  I'm getting a
> strange error, though, when I try running ncdump:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> /machine/netcdf/nc_test_230/in1/lib/libnetcdf.7.dylib
> Referenced from: /Users/rnicholas/Downloads/tmp/bin/ncdump
> Reason: image not found
>
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Any ide what might be going on?  Are there some built-in assumptions about
> where this should be unpacked, or do I need to do something to tell ncdump
> where to look for a library?  Also, libnetcdf.7.dylib isn't even in the
> tarball.

So the binary ncdump is having issues finding libnetcdf. It's ok that the dylib
isn't in the tarball - if the linker can't find the dynamic lib, it will search
for a static lib (.a). Do you have /Users/rnicholas/Downloads/tmp/lib in your
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Sean

PS: One thing to consider is that the netCDF team will soon stop producing
binary libs, as it's very difficult to build for all of the different systems
our users use. You may consider using macports, fink, or another OS X package
manager (they handle the dependencies too - bonus!), or you can try to build
netCDF from source.

Cheers!

Sean