[netCDF #QVV-651237]: NetCDF 3.6.3: build warning for f90 library

Hi Reto,

> I've now built and tested both the 3.6.3 and 4.1.3 on OSX with gcc/gfortran
> 4.5.3. It is correctly noted in the installation instruction that the
> -DgFortran (or -DpgiFortran) cpp flag is automatically detected and set
> during the configuration. This works only if the respective fortran compiler
> is gfortran (pgf90/95). For NetCDF-4 compilation using MPI the fortran
> compiler is a wrapper like mpif90 and thus -DgFortran (-DpgiFortran) have to
> be manually set by the user.
>
> Would it be possible to either add this to the Installation instructions or
> alternatively find a way to auto-detect the compiler type even though the
> compiler is embedded in a MPI wrapper?

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added it to our list of tasks.  If you want to
follow its progress, you can see the Jira entry here:

  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-84

--Russ

Ticket ID: QVV-651237
Department: Support netCDF