[netCDF #EXA-981548]: a question with udunits.h

Hi Jie,

> I tried to link netcdf to GrADS when I was configuring the latter. But
> it said:
>

> checking for udunits.h... (cached) no
> - netcdf-4 disabled
>
> - netcdf disabled
>
> What is udunits.h? Why am I missing it?

It's the C include file for an optional Unidata software package that handles
units
of measurement.  Apparently it's not optional for GrADS, which requires udunits
be
installed first.  You can install udunits when you build and install netCDF by
using
the "--with-udunits" option to the netCDF configure script, then "make check"
and
"make install".  This will install udunits.h in /usr/local/include by default,
or
wherever you specify if you use the "--prefix=..." option to the configure
script.

Alternatively, you can get just the udunits2 source from Unidata and install it
independently of netCDF, allowing you to use the existing netCDF installation.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EXA-981548
Department: Support netCDF