[netCDF #QIA-230629]: netcdf point/station data

Greetings Joe,

The most up-to-date CF convention for point data can be found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/public/CFch9-may10.pdf

I would highly recommend using this document as a guide for creating the file.

I checked out the test.nc file you sent me and the ncdump utility does not
recognize it as a netCDF file. This would indicate that there is an issue with
the file, not with IDV. Which python lib did you use to create the file?

Thanks!

Sean

> I'm trying to create a netcdf file containing point/station data.  It's
> basically one station that measures water temp, chlorophyll, and
> pressure.  I've used the example from here(
> http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.5/cf-conventions.html#id2867470
> )  I'm creating the netcdf file via python and it runs fine, however,
> when I try to load the data into IDV (to make sure the file is correct)
> using 'Data', Data Choosers'; I get the error, "No gridded data found
> for:".  I've tried to load the data file as a different data type, but I
> get the same message.  This is my first time creating/using netcdf so
> any help would be appreciated.  At this point, I'm not sure if my netcdf
> file is incorrect or if I'm not using IDV correctly.  I've attached a
> copy of the netcdf file.
>
> thanks,
> joe

Ticket ID: QIA-230629