[netCDF #DVS-605789]: Getting values of compound attributes

Hi James,

> What is the best way to get the values of a compound attribute? Is there
> a way to get the values of each field in a compound attribute separately?

Values of a compound attribute are accessed atomically.  It's not possible to
read or write member fields separately.  That's a constraint of the undelying
HDF5 library.  This is the C-based netCDF-4 library; I don't know whether the
netCDF-Java library provides access to individual fields, and there's no one
here to ask right now.  If your question is about the netCDF-Java API, I'll
find out and get back to you, but you might get a faster response to that from
address@hidden.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DVS-605789
Department: Support netCDF